Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ADT ALARM BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM,
ADT ALARM BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS
For SafeWatch® 3000, Vista‐10, Vista‐20, Concord 4, Concord Express, DSC 1555 and DSC 1616 Residential Control Panels

The ADT SafeWatch® 3000, Vista, Concord and DSC residential security systems
have a backup battery designed to supply power to the security system during a
limited power outage. The battery, much like a car’s battery, must be replaced from
time to time due to age and usage. The backup battery needs to be replaced when
the keypad displays a “BAT” or “SYSTEM LO BATTERY” message.
In most cases you can replace the battery yourself, typically saving you time and
money. The process requires the removal of two wires from the old battery and
reconnecting the same wires to the new battery. Before replacing the battery, please
read these instructions carefully, including the Battery Safety Warning instructions
below.
Battery Safety Warning
This section on Battery Safety should be read in its entirety and its contents understood before handling or using a rechargeable sealed lead‐acid battery.
• Due to the potential energy stored in a sealed lead‐acid battery, improper handling or use of the battery or failure to observe the precautions listed in this document may result in bodily injury caused by electrolyte leakage, heat generation or explosion.
• USE ELECTRICALLY INSULATED TOOLS. Use of un‐insulated tools may cause a short circuit and the heat or sparks generated by the short circuit can result in burns, damage to the battery, or an explosion. Metallic tools may be insulated using vinyl or electrician’s tape.
• When unpacking the battery, make sure to handle it gently. Rough handling may shock the battery, causing damage. Check that the battery is free from cracks, fractures, or leakage.
• Be extremely careful not to drop the battery to avoid the possibility of serious injury.

Download Here
Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calculating the Alarm Battery Size Needed admin 0 193 24-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: admin
  ADT WIRELESS SENSOR BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS admin 0 228 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM
  Installing your alarm system admin 0 293 16-05-2012, 02:41 AM
  ADDING A PIR DETECTOR TO YOUR ALARM admin 0 219 16-05-2012, 02:24 AM
  Calculating the Alarm Battery Size Needed admin 0 260 16-05-2012, 02:19 AM
  Check and replace Battery, From MSN SITE admin 0 303 16-05-2012, 02:17 AM
  How To Repair Burglar Alarm Window Foil admin 0 239 01-05-2012, 07:57 PM
  Changing Control Panel Battery admin_mybb_import1 0 1,562 09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post: admin_mybb_import1