Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stirling 10 - battery change
29-05-2012, 02:30 AM,
Stirling 10 - battery change
Hi,

I have a Stirling 10 that I suspect needs a new battery (alarm sounds if mains power cut). I don't have the eng code and the panel was obviously installed by a company (their name and phone number is on the RKP display).

Question - if I remove the panel cover to access/renew the battery, might it need the eng code to clear the global tamper that I will cause? If that's the case and the NVM has been locked for eng reset, I presume I would be scuppered.

blackfish
29-05-2012, 02:30 AM,
RE: Stirling 10 - battery change
marty - 11-08-2010 08:43 AM

(10-08-2010 11:58 PM)blackfish Wrote: Hi,

I have a Stirling 10 that I suspect needs a new battery (alarm sounds if mains power cut). I don't have the eng code and the panel was obviously installed by a company (their name and phone number is on the RKP display).

Question - if I remove the panel cover to access/renew the battery, might it need the eng code to clear the global tamper that I will cause? If that's the case and the NVM has been locked for eng reset, I presume I would be scuppered.

blackfish

Hi
I've had a quick look through the manual and can't find an option to make a tamper activation Engineer reset - I may be overlooking it though
They can lock the Engineer code which would stop you defaulting it - Worst case scenario is you would need to change the panel & Keypad(unless you got the same panel) but the cost of a veritas/Accenta is under £50 and YOU would have the engineer manual/code
29-05-2012, 02:31 AM,
engels7570 - 11-08-2010 05:39 PM

Hi Blackfish, Hi Marty,

Seems to me the best way to find out is to open the panel, change the battery, close the panel and put the user code in. If it ain't working after that we can take it from there, agree ?

Take Care

Engels
29-05-2012, 02:31 AM,
blackfish - 19-08-2010 10:25 PM

Thank you for responses. It's actually for a relative, not my own but I will persuade them to let me have a bash. Will report back.

blackfish

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sterling 10 alarm wont display change codes Old Posts 3 452 29-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Last Post: Old Posts