Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Omega Petite problem
27-05-2012, 02:31 AM,
Omega Petite problem
marty - 23-01-2011 10:16 AM

Hi & Help
Any of you oldies have a copy of the Omega Petite Engineer Manual - I very very faintly remember these (know they are a posative tamper return with no nvm) and have had a phone call to power one up now the house has been renovated. They wouldn't change the panel but I'll be replacing PiR's, Bell & Panel Battery.
I know it's only a matter of time for the panel due to it's age....... Any help greatley appreciated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Omega Petite - marty - 23-01-2011 11:32 AM

(23-01-2011 11:23 AM)electrician Wrote: Ive got the manual here ready to send to you, but having a little problem sending at the mo. will also forward the user manual for you too

Cheers Electrician - Already have the User Manual - No rush, Ain't going to look at it till next Weekend

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Omega Petite - marty - 23-01-2011 11:43 AM

(23-01-2011 11:37 AM)electrician Wrote: i cant find anywhere to add an attachment, any ideas

Sent you Pm with my email address - Thanks

RE: Omega Petite - marty - 23-01-2011 11:55 AM

(23-01-2011 11:49 AM)electrician Wrote: Check your email mate, any probs let me know

Regards

Dean

Excellent.......Nice one mate
Cheers

RE: Omega Petite - engels7570 - 23-01-2011 01:20 PM

I trust you're referring to me when you say Oldies Marty, Haven't heard from you in ages, where have you been ? I liked that little Petite, sometimes it helps not to have nvm backup in some cases (emphasis on 'some cases'). Castle like to make things awkward don't they.. Positive bell return on one panel, negative on another ... positive tamper, then negative tamper... Just been looking at the Omega 5 and 8 and a zx1250 ... they don't like the idea of conformity do they ? .... wouldn't swap them for the world though.

Take Care

Engels

RE: Omega Petite - engels7570 - 23-01-2011 01:43 PM

Brought up on them, they were my bread and butter for years. From the CD1000 to CX1000, CX1001, ZX901, CX750, ZX1250, Omega petite, Omega 5, Omega 8 and anything else in between.

Take Care

Engels

RE: Omega Petite - marty - 23-01-2011 02:08 PM

Hi Engels

Been fine thanks, Hope you're keeping well - Keep popping in and keeping a check on things.....You & Ron seem to answer most things before I get in from work
The Petite was from my first day's in the trade ....... But yes, was referring to you & Ron lol

RE: Omega Petite - engels7570 - 23-01-2011 02:37 PM

I seem to recall a post from you at about around seven one morning. Going on that, you're working at least a twelve hour day every day.. slow down a bit Marty, you're going to be ill if you keep that pace up..

I guessed you might be referring to us old timers. I try to answer as best we can, but I know the areas where things are safer in your hands, so you'll probably find that some are left wide open because we're waiting for that little bit of expert insight which you can provide.

Best Wishes

Engels

01-07-2012, 11:08 AM,
RE: Omega Petite problem
Hi, all.
Following the thread below makes me think you would be able to help me.
I recently had a front door replaced, the contact sensor being re-fixed by my alarm company. However, instead of setting it as an entry/exit point, as it had been previously, they set it as a normal sensor, causing the alarm to sound immediately contact is broken. Since we don't usually use this door for entry or exit, the issue only came to light when I arranged for a neighbour to look after the house in our absence on holiday.
Please can I ask for instructions/manual to allow me to correct the setting of the sensor, without incurring another massive call-out fee?
Thanks for your attention.
Bob
01-07-2012, 02:36 PM,
Hi Bob,

Firstly, if the alarm company have changed the settings to a setting that is unsuitable, beyond your request, they should change it back free of charge.

Secondly, is your panel a Omega Petite panel or have you jump on to a random thread.

Thirdly, thats why the site is here...to help people like your self. So can you confirm what make the panel is and do you have the engineer code for it, we will be able to help you
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM,
(01-07-2012, 02:36 PM)electrician Wrote: Hi Bob,

Firstly, if the alarm company have changed the settings to a setting that is unsuitable, beyond your request, they should change it back free of charge.

Secondly, is your panel a Omega Petite panel or have you jump on to a random thread.

Thirdly, thats why the site is here...to help people like your self. So can you confirm what make the panel is and do you have the engineer code for it, we will be able to help you

Many thanks for replying.
Yes it is an Omega Petite, installed in 1992.
Following your advice, I've contacted the Security Firm, who have arranged to correct the setting, free of charge, tomorrow afternoon (Friday 13th!).
Interestingly, it seems the original sensor replacement was done in August 2011. Just shows how often we've used the door!
Many thanks for your help - sorry I couldn't avail myself of your technical knowledge this time.
Bob
12-07-2012, 07:43 PM,
Thanks for letting us know the outcome, and I am so pleased you have managed to get the alarm company back to sort it out............and FOC.
If we can be of any further assistance then drop us a line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  castle Omega Petite fitted 1992 Old Posts 0 196 27-05-2012, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Old Posts