Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check and replace Battery, From MSN SITE
16-05-2012, 02:17 AM,
Check and replace Battery, From MSN SITE
Hi

I need to check the battery and change it as soon as I know which one is required.

Can someone confirm if the following steps are correct for an Optima Plus 2 System

1. Remove the cover of you control panel. Enter your user code (or is it Engineer Code) to Silence Alarm

2. Check the Battery Volts and ah (and remove if possible at this stage)
3. Replace the panel cover and reset the panel.

Once new battery purchased (any advise where to get one much appreciated) repeat above steps

Also is it best to change the batter whilst the mains power is off?

Thanks in advance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

Yes, you seem to know what you're doing by the sound of things.

There's no need to use the engineer code, since all you're doing when removing the cover is breaking the tamper circuit and this is reset with the customer code. Optimas usually require you to press reset twice (stop the strobe flashing).

If you can't reset with the customer code the guys on this site will tell you what to do.

It's not absolutely essential to turn the mains off to replace a battery, just take one leg off the original and place it on the new one, and do the same with the other. Don't let the terminals touch each other, you'll blow a fuse. pos to pos, neg to neg.

Before you rush out to spend your quids on a new battery, give it a quick check.
Turn the mains off and time how long it lasts without mains, then cause an alarm condition and check that the external sounder is making a racket for about ten minutes.

Most local electrical outlets sell bits and pieces for alarms so try there first, if not there are loads of sites you could try on the web. But remember, batteries are not the lightest of things so you could be paying a bit in p&p, weigh that up against buying local.

Best Wishes.
Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Calculating the Alarm Battery Size Needed admin 0 193 24-07-2018, 10:49 PM
Last Post: admin
  ADT WIRELESS SENSOR BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS admin 0 228 08-06-2012, 10:04 PM
  ADT ALARM BATTERY REPLACEMENT INSTRUCTIONS admin 0 325 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
  Calculating the Alarm Battery Size Needed admin 0 260 16-05-2012, 02:19 AM
  Changing Control Panel Battery admin_mybb_import1 0 1,562 09-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Last Post: admin_mybb_import1