Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
resetting itec horizon alarm
13-05-2012, 02:29 AM,
resetting itec horizon alarm
Hi,

I have recently set up a new business and in it is a itec horizon alarm... Although i do not know the alarm core for it! so i can't use it!

Is there any way of re-setting the alarm or changing the code? Any hely would be greatly appriciated!!...

Kind regards

Bee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - admin_mybb_import2756 - 18-05-2010 11:41 AM

[attachment=556]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - Guest - 18-05-2010 12:10 PM

oh thankyou for your help!

RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - Guest - 19-05-2010 08:34 PM

tried this and it doesnt seem to work.. we turned the power off and on again and pput in the codes... but it still goes off constantly

Any other ideas?...

RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - engels7570 - 20-05-2010 04:13 PM

Hi,

Just moving into a new business premises means all sorts of upheavals, possibly new lighting and electrical features, new displays, pulling the place about maybe..Even if none of these apply there could be a fault somewhere in the installation other than at the control panel. If so, this needs to be addressed first since the panel will refuse to set if there is a fault in the system.

What indicator lights are on at the panel, Is there mains power going to the panel... Look for the obvious first..don't complicate matters in your own mind since it could be just a simple door contact that needs attention or a damaged cable.

You can eliminate these "outside areas" with a bit of 'looking and seeing'....something even the best of us forget to do on occasions. You can also further eliminate these "outside areas" with a few pieces of wire and a screwdriver inside the panel.

Post as much information as you can squeeze in... The boys and girls on this site do not give up very easily so let them know what you find....e.g. Condition of outside bellbox, number of detectors, alterations (plumbing and electrical and so on..if any ) lights on the panel etc etc.

You are not wasting anyone's time,

Take Care,

Engels

RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - Guest - 25-05-2010 09:05 PM

hmm.. had a look and everything seems to be fine.. i dont understand why tripping the power didnt work

RE: resetting itec horizon alarm - engels7570 - 26-05-2010 12:13 PM

Hi,

Tripping the power is O.K. as a basic test, but it won't resolve external issues outside the panel. Glad you had a look around for any obvious problems, but sometimes things which look OK are...well..not OK. I need to check out the engineering manual before making any drastic comments, but it is pointless defaulting a panel, powering it down and attempting to reset ( or tripping ) if a fault exists in the system itself. i.e. outside the panel. Remind me of which lights are showing and confirm that the alarm sounds constantly when you re-apply power. All the problems which may exist in the wiring or at the detectors or external sounder must be sorted before we can safely suggest that it is a panel fault.

If the alarm sounds constantly when power is applied it can be due to faulty wiring to the external warning device, poor connections at the device, the device not receiving a hold off current and a host of other minor issues. Sometimes it can be traced back to a simple Panic Button fault, when this happens the alarm will sound even when it is unset.

So the upshot remains as in my first post, viz; provide as much information as possible, number of detectors, door contacts and so on. With regard to your last post...don't bother yourself with attempting to understand "why tripping the power didn't work.." These things can be explained as we proceed to get the system up and running again...The most important part of the exercise has nothing to do with wires and buttons...It is quite simply, RELAX and take it one step at a time...and don't fall into the trap that we've all been in... "Assuming it has got to be this or that"...It will only be this or that when you've proved it..

Register on the site and request a copy of the full engineering manual since I believe you only have the user manual at the moment...The user manual is limited to telling the user how to use the panel...bit of logic there ! The engineering manual provides all the detailed information required by the installer..this is the one you should be holding at the moment.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Take Care

Engels
Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CP32 reset alarm admin 0 422 22-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Last Post: admin
  adjust the entry-delay of ITEC Horizon 1500? admin 0 232 22-05-2012, 07:43 PM
  aritech ALARM PANNEL admin 0 301 22-05-2012, 07:42 PM
  Aritech CS350 Alarm - Low Battery admin 0 539 13-05-2012, 02:38 AM
  horizon itec problem admin 0 233 13-05-2012, 02:37 AM
  adjust the entry-delay of ITEC Horizon 1500? admin 0 214 13-05-2012, 02:36 AM
  looking for the CP32 manual and codes to reset my alarm admin 0 349 13-05-2012, 02:36 AM
  Itec / Aritech Horizon ? admin 0 361 13-05-2012, 02:28 AM
  Aritech CD95 "Call alarm co." admin 0 552 13-05-2012, 02:28 AM
  Itec / Aritech Horizon ? Guest 1 1,063 09-11-2009, 07:25 PM
Last Post: admin_mybb_import1