Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+
12-05-2012, 09:24 PM,
Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+
Hi,

I'm hoping someone on here will be able to help me, or point me in the right direction.

We've recently installed a new kitchen, unfortunately I had to move one of the sensors for the alarm to get one of the new cupboards in. This required popping off the front of the sensor to get to the screws... ...rather obvious I guess.

Now the panel is asking to be reset and I have no idea 1. how to do this (I assume it's just a case of a code?) 2. What the code might be.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - engels7570 - 17-02-2011 01:16 PM

Hi,

First and foremost your account is activated. Should you need to contact a site member directly via e.mail or private message, click on his/her name.

You may have blown the auxiliary supply fuse, unless they are thermal reset, if you inadvertently allowed a positive and negative wire to touch when you removed the detector.

It is more than likely that you do not have a copy of the engineers manual if your alarm system is not subject to a maintenance contract. If you do not have a copy, it is in your interests to obtain one. Click on my name and send me your usual e.mail address or an address where it can be uploaded to you.

Please keep an eye on this post,

Take Care,

Engels

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - flatlands - 17-02-2011 01:22 PM

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I didn't remove any wiring when I moved the sensor, from what I understand, it's only because I opened up the sensor that it is asking for the reset.

No I do not believe I have that manual, I have the owners manual and the old maintenance log, plus the manual for the key fobs.

We stopped having a contract with ADT quite a while ago now.

I shall mail you now, thank you.

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - engels7570 - 17-02-2011 01:26 PM

Hi Flatlands,

Account activated. Sent manuals, please check the inbox for the e.mail address you initially provided

Engels

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - flatlands - 17-02-2011 01:42 PM

Hi, thanks, I have the manuals, having had a quick read, the only reference to engineer reset I can find, is that sometimes an engineer is required, and that finding/getting the engineer code requires replacing an nvm chip...

I found the section in the engineers manual about entering engineers mode etc...

I assume not having a code is going to cause me some problems?

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - engels7570 - 17-02-2011 01:51 PM

Hi Flatlands,

With a former ADT installation there are usually problems of some kind. However, we have quite a few site experts who will be able to help you. Unfortunately, at this time of the day most of them are at work. However, quite a few keep an eye on their laptop and drop in to sort things out on the site before they get home.

Keep an eye on your post, someone will be along to help with the issue today.

Take Care

Engels

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - flatlands - 17-02-2011 07:14 PM

Cheers engels, I shall keep one eye on this thread for sure

Regards

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - electrician - 17-02-2011 07:26 PM

Hi

What exactlty does it say on the keypad. Does it display 5 digits.

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - flatlands - 17-02-2011 08:27 PM

It's currently back to displaying the time and date.

Can't remember the exact words, was something about a tamper, and then asking for engineer reset.

I don't remember any 5 digit number.

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - electrician - 17-02-2011 08:34 PM

So do you think that you have rectified the problem. We are here if you need any further help

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - flatlands - 17-02-2011 09:15 PM

As far as I'm aware, I've done nothing to rectify the problem...

I've not touched the keypad since I put the sensor back together and entered my normal code to stop it beeping at me.

RE: Ademco Microtech Galaxy 16+ (Moved sensor, needs reset) - electrician - 17-02-2011 10:16 PM

Most faults will clear by using your normal user code, as you said you put in your normal code and its now showing date and time.

In my opinion the system looks like its reset to normal user mode.

Do you use the system and have you tried setting the system.
Tell me, and I'll forget. Show me, and I'll remember. Involve me, and I'll learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ademco Galaxy 16 beeping after unset sw1 11 726 20-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Last Post: engels7570
  Galaxy 16 Plus help admin 6 892 10-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Rem Alarms
  Adding fobs to galaxy panel via pyronix reader admin 0 247 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Last Post: admin
  Ademco 4250 panel admin 0 257 12-05-2012, 09:33 PM
  reset code for ademco microtech/accord xpc admin 0 598 12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
  Dying / Dead Ademco Alarm System admin 0 551 12-05-2012, 09:31 PM
  no display on Ademco Microtech galaxy 16 plus cp171 admin 0 404 12-05-2012, 09:30 PM
  Galaxy 8....ADT admin 0 280 12-05-2012, 09:29 PM
  galaxy 16, green light is flashing? admin 0 339 12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
  Ademco Microtech admin 0 367 12-05-2012, 09:27 PM